How to find source of a panic event?

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: How to find source of a panic event?
From: Giuseppe Sacco <giuseppe@eppesuigoccas.homedns.org>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 15:35:59 +0100
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi all,
I am testing new kernels on a spare O2. Since I see some strange behaviour, I
would like to ask you for a comment on this subject.

What happens is that when the kernel is loaded and then started, the led
immediately start blinking red/green and the machine power off after 120
seconds.

Looking at arch/mips/sgi-ip32/ip32-reset.c I found that when setting up the
system, a new interrupt is requested, MACEISA_RTC_IRQ, and a notifier_block
structure is setup in order to be used when a panic action is triggered. When
this happens, the panic action uses the interrupt to wait two minutes and power
off the machine.

So I wonder how to find the source calling this panic_action.

Thanks to all,
Giuseppe