Re: mips: compile testing of 2.6.25-rc2

To: Adrian Bunk <adrian.bunk@movial.fi>
Subject: Re: mips: compile testing of 2.6.25-rc2
From: tsbogend@alpha.franken.de (Thomas Bogendoerfer)
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 13:23:02 +0100
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org, Aurelien Jarno <aurelien@aurel32.net>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 03:03:14AM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> CONFIG_SGI_IP28
>   CALL    /home/bunk/linux/kernel-2.6/git/linux-2.6/scripts/checksyscalls.sh
> cc1: error: unrecognized command line option "-mr10k-cache-barrier=1"
>
> I tried with a plain gcc 4.2.3, and grep'ed in the gcc SVN head.
> I don't know which special gcc versions have these options added, but
> when they are used by the kernel they should also go into upstream gcc.

getting the gcc patches upstream is work in progress. If you only want to
check builds, you could just drop that option. I'll send a ip28 defconfig
later.

Thomas.

--
Crap can work. Given enough thrust pigs will fly, but it's not necessary a
good idea.                                                [ RFC1925, 2.3 ]