Re: Problems booting Linux kernel on Sigma SMP8634

To: unlisted-recipients:; (no To-header on input)
Subject: Re: Problems booting Linux kernel on Sigma SMP8634
From: Andi <opencode@gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 10:24:05 +0100
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hey David,

> You need symbols so that you can interpret the stack trace.  It is
> impossible to tell anything without that.

Unfortunately, we don't have much more than just the binary kernel
image. No sources. No memory map.
How can I find out which functions do correspondent to these addresses?

I thought about that this might be a common problem, if one doesn't load
a certain ucode, maybe the interrupt-handler or so ..

>> Determined physical RAM map:
>>  memory: 05ee0000 @ 10020000 (usable)
>
> This seems like an odd value.  I would expect either 03fe0000 or 07fe0000

This was also my first guess. But this seems to be ok, as you can see on
the "reference" output here:
http://www.networkedmediatank.com/viewtopic.php?t=457

This box has a total of 128MB of memory ..

> David Daney

Regards,
        Andi