Re: Problems booting Linux kernel on Sigma SMP8634

To: Andi <opencode@gmx.net>
Subject: Re: Problems booting Linux kernel on Sigma SMP8634
From: David Daney <ddaney@avtrex.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 11:03:48 -0800
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Andi wrote:
Hey Folks,

we are working on a SMP8634-based box to get Linux running on it.
Since we don't have any documentation, neither hardware nor software,
there is a lot of re-engineering work to be done.
However, we managed it to let the box load a Linux kernel .. but it
still fails at a certain point.
It's right before the kernel loads the "NET: .."-stuff. I got this from
an other SMP8634-based box, which runs the same kernel.

Any hints about what might doesn't work?

You need symbols so that you can interpret the stack trace. It is impossible to tell anything without that.
.
.
.
Determined physical RAM map:
 memory: 05ee0000 @ 10020000 (usable)

This seems like an odd value.  I would expect either 03fe0000 or 07fe0000

David Daney