Re: Tester with IP27/IP30 needed

To: Kumba <>
Subject: Re: Tester with IP27/IP30 needed
From: Florian Lohoff <>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 09:56:10 +0100
Cc: Thiemo Seufer <>, Ralf Baechle <>, Thomas Bogendoerfer <>,,
On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 10:25:51PM -0500, Kumba wrote:
> >Kumba wrote:
> >
> >glibc for mips has currently no such mechanism. Note that this change
> >breaks MIPS I CPUs, so it is not generally applicable.
> I'll have to ask one of our devs who knows autoconf really well.  I figure
> that's probably a good place to catch something like this.  Have configure
> check /proc/cpuinfo and look for "R10000", and if it finds it, mod CFLAGS
> to pass -DR10k_LLSC_WAR, and #ifdef on that in atomic.h.
> Sound plausible?

No - the very same GLIBC does not work on mips1 machines and vice versa.
Might by okay for gentoo but debian needs a run everywhere glibc which
means some tricks like with the libc6-i686 to load a different
glibc from my understanding.

Florian Lohoff                     +49-171-2280134
        Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little
          security shall soon have neither - Benjamin Franklin