Re: Tester with IP27/IP30 needed

To: Thiemo Seufer <>
Subject: Re: Tester with IP27/IP30 needed
From: Kumba <>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 22:25:51 -0500
Cc: Florian Lohoff <>, Ralf Baechle <>, Thomas Bogendoerfer <>,,
Thiemo Seufer wrote:
Kumba wrote:

glibc for mips has currently no such mechanism. Note that this change
breaks MIPS I CPUs, so it is not generally applicable.

I'll have to ask one of our devs who knows autoconf really well. I figure that's probably a good place to catch something like this. Have configure check /proc/cpuinfo and look for "R10000", and if it finds it, mod CFLAGS to pass -DR10k_LLSC_WAR, and #ifdef on that in atomic.h.

Sound plausible?

And any idea if uClibc will need similar mods?

It needs a similiar change to support R10000 v2.5.

Thought it would.  I'll keep this in mind if we ever get that running again.

Gentoo/MIPS Team Lead

"Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond