kexec on SMP mips64?

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: kexec on SMP mips64?
From: "Chris Friesen" <cfriesen@nortel.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 12:25:10 -0600
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org

Hi all,

We're starting work on an embedded highly-available product using dual Octeon cpus, and I'm looking into the possibility of using kexec/kdump as a "flight recorder" to dump fault information to a persistant storage location.

I saw the patch adding initial support for kexec, but I was curious about the current status. Is anyone using kexec for mips64 SMP systems? Is it known to be broken? I'm just trying to get a feel for how much work might be involved.

Thanks,

Chris