Re: Old Indy, 64-bit setup

To: gigo@poczta.ibb.waw.pl
Subject: Re: Old Indy, 64-bit setup
From: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 10:51:13 +0100
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 10:10:37PM +0100, gigo@poczta.ibb.waw.pl wrote:
>  Hello,
> Just a silly question. Is there any working 64-bit kernel configuration
> for my r4k 100MHz Indy? From time to time i compile another new kernel for
> 64-bit... and see the thing dying. Recently it looked pretty well like
> Indy r4k 100MHz (BROTHER!?!?!) crash shown in
> http://www.linux-mips.org/archives/linux-mips/2007-11/msg00186.html
> Everything but the kernel is debian stable: binutils 2.17
> gcc 4.1.2 20061115 (prerelease) (Debian 4.1.1-21)...

There are CPU Bug workarounds needed which are not yet complete in
kernel and gcc. I am running my 100Mhz Indy with an 32Bit Kernel built
from the debian source package just by replacing the 64BIT ...

Flo
--
Florian Lohoff                  flo@rfc822.org             +49-171-2280134
        Those who would give up a little freedom to get a little