Re: Old Indy, 64-bit setup

Subject: Re: Old Indy, 64-bit setup
From: (Thomas Bogendoerfer)
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 23:33:32 +0100
On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 10:10:37PM +0100, wrote:
> Just a silly question. Is there any working 64-bit kernel configuration
> for my r4k 100MHz Indy? From time to time i compile another new kernel for
> 64-bit... and see the thing dying. Recently it looked pretty well like

your CPU needs a special gcc to avoid triggering 64bit CPU bugs. There
are also some kernel workarounds missing, which are scheduled for 2.6.25.
No idea about the gcc part.

Crap can work. Given enough thrust pigs will fly, but it's not necessary a
good idea.                                                [ RFC1925, 2.3 ]