Re: Old Indy, 64-bit setup

To: gigo@poczta.ibb.waw.pl
Subject: Re: Old Indy, 64-bit setup
From: tsbogend@alpha.franken.de (Thomas Bogendoerfer)
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 23:33:32 +0100
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 10:10:37PM +0100, gigo@poczta.ibb.waw.pl wrote:
> Just a silly question. Is there any working 64-bit kernel configuration
> for my r4k 100MHz Indy? From time to time i compile another new kernel for
> 64-bit... and see the thing dying. Recently it looked pretty well like

your CPU needs a special gcc to avoid triggering 64bit CPU bugs. There
are also some kernel workarounds missing, which are scheduled for 2.6.25.
No idea about the gcc part.

Thomas.

--
Crap can work. Given enough thrust pigs will fly, but it's not necessary a
good idea.                                                [ RFC1925, 2.3 ]