Re: Tester with IP27/IP30 needed

To: Thomas Bogendoerfer <tsbogend@alpha.franken.de>
Subject: Re: Tester with IP27/IP30 needed
From: Kumba <kumba@gentoo.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 10:20:06 -0500
Cc: Florian Lohoff <flo@rfc822.org>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org, debian-mips@lists.debian.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Thomas Bogendoerfer wrote:
On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 12:27:19PM +0100, Florian Lohoff wrote:
Simple testcase for me is:

[snip]

No effect on Octane R14000A, as far as lockups.  Spikes the CPU usage in 'ps
aux', but that's about it.

If I can get my plucky IP32 R10K to boot again soon, I may try it there for
kicks and giggles.  Maybe we're also seeing a side effect of the R10K's spec
exec knocking the non-cache-coherent machines out?

Also, tried building the code with the R10K cache barrier on to see if anything
else changes?  Generally reserved for kernel stuff, but Peter once speculated
userland might have a use for it.

--Kumba

--
Gentoo/MIPS Team Lead

"Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands
do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere."  --Elrond