Re: Toshiba JMR 3927 working setup?

Subject: Re: Toshiba JMR 3927 working setup?
From: Atsushi Nemoto <>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 01:04:59 +0900 (JST)
On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 10:28:36 -0500, Gregor Waltz <>
> I double checked today and found that even the vmlinux make target
> removes that option from .config.
> Is there another way to set that option?

The CONFIG_BOOT_RAW is not user-selectable.  You must add "select
BOOT_RAW" to TOSHIBA_JMR3927 block in arch/mips/Kconfig.

> I saw the option used only in arch/mips/kernel/head.S, so I commented
> out the __INIT. Now, I see kernel_entry at the start of the kernel and
> the kernel does not cause an exception, however, it reboots instead
> saying "Rebooting..."

Hmm.  The puts() in arch/mips/jmr3927/common/puts.c looks usable even
on kernel entry.  You can verify if it can really be used on
start_kernel(), then start tracking down the problem.

Atsushi Nemoto