Re: pmag-aa-fb

To: Geert Uytterhoeven <Geert.Uytterhoeven@sonycom.com>
Subject: Re: pmag-aa-fb
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@linux-mips.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 17:52:04 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: Karsten Merker <merker@debian.org>, Thiemo Seufer <ths@networkno.de>, Linux/MIPS Development <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Tue, 15 Jan 2008, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> I've just noticed drivers/video/pmag-aa-fb.c is the single remaining frame
> buffer device driver that still uses the old 2.4 API (all others have been
> converted or removed). So it doesn't work anymore.
>
> Does anyone still care about it?

 Probably.  I have the right piece of hardware (thanks, Thiemo), but
little time these days.  I mean to have a look at it, but I have no
timeline, sorry.  I started converting it at one point, but I recall I
stumbled on porting the hardware cursor support that turned out to be
unsupported with the new API or something.

  Maciej