Re: Toshiba JMR 3927 working setup?

Subject: Re: Toshiba JMR 3927 working setup?
From: Gregor Waltz <>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 18:54:59 -0500
Ralf Baechle wrote:
You may want to switch to a recent binutils like 2.18 and gcc 4.2.2.

Ralf, are you or anybody else using that combination for mips?

With which versions of glibc and glibc-linuxthreads?

I have been having a joyous time trying to build more recent tools.
I keep getting errors like the following when building glibc of any version (tried from 2.3.6 through 2.7): sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/waitid.c:51: error: memory input 6 is not directly addressable

I found a patch for that (, but, after passing that file, it fails similarly on pread.c. It seems to be an issue with INLINE_SYSCALL, rather than the call sites, that appears to be related to later versions of gcc.

Later versions of glibc (2.7, 2.6...) fail at configure time with the error: "The mipsel is not supported."

So, what are the lastest versions of the build tools that people are using on mips?