RE: question about oprofile support

To: <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: RE: question about oprofile support
From: "Anirban Sinha" <ASinha@zeugmasystems.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 21:44:41 -0800
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
If I am not too wrong, I think this is what the picture is like as far as the
mips support for oprfile goes:

Oprofile 0.9.2 release version supports mips architecture partially. Their
release notes says:

"Support for MIPS 5K, 20K, 25K, and 34K added."

However, support for R10000, R12000, R12000, RM7000, RM9000, SB1 / SB1A,
VR5432, VR5500 processors are only available through the CVS checkout:

"The R10000, R12000, R12000, RM7000, RM9000, SB1 / SB1A, VR5432, VR5500
processors are supported by the CVS version of the userspace tools; support for
further is in the queue."

If I am wrong in understanding this, please correct me.

Cheers,

Ani