Re: [MIPS] Build an embedded initramfs into mips kernel

To: "Willy Tarreau" <w@1wt.eu>
Subject: Re: [MIPS] Build an embedded initramfs into mips kernel
From: "Alon Bar-Lev" <alon.barlev@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 20:46:46 +0200
Cc: "H. Peter Anvin" <hpa@zytor.com>, linux-mips@ftp.linux-mips.org, LKML <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=SLMmRrTckla286sGvvaUhAbsjLQ4JakEImd3agdLa00=; b=Xvqpw/kA/E5F9jfDGaJyCujLYjoodnGmnHWob0m1uvoPEDXf0t7G9JjvndWDxJOt5cheNNAn5se2hDH/MULrGD9tCync67D0LpPGB9jTJwPFdTCDYRJ/faPStjl2dBGOw7MTa4fM2jJKD+9+tKvyVh+dW5vbRm00BNlGDCgkTSQ=
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Thank you for your help.
Indeed the dynamic loader of uclibc is the cause.
I upgraded to latest uclibc-0.9.29, and finally the files was linked
against uclibc's ld.
But it did not work...
Tried to run a dynamic linked executable via static shell, and got
floating point exception.
Tried to compile toolchain and uclibc with softfloat, but still did not work.
So I moved to glibc and all works correctly.

Thank you for quick response!
I will continue the discussion at uclibc lists.

Best Regards,
Alon Bar-Lev.