Re: PCI resource unavailable on mips

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Re: PCI resource unavailable on mips
From: Jon Dufresne <jon.dufresne@infinitevideocorporation.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 13:32:40 -0500
Cc: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org

> Odd.  I knew the resource allocation stuff has it's issues for some
> non-trivial configuration but that one is a new one.  Which makes me
> wonder if your platform runs the PCI code in probe-only mode where it
> will not actually assign resources but only inherit the whole PCI setup
> except interrupt routing from the firmware.
>
> What MIPS platform do you use?  I'd like to take a look at its PCI setup
> code.

I am using the MDS 810 STB as provided by MDS
(http://www.mds.com/products/product.asp?prod=MDS-810). The kernel and
entire environment (except my driver) was set up by MDS. uname output is
as follows.

 # uname -a
Linux 10.41.13.87 2.6.19PNX8550 #1 Wed Nov 21 14:55:52 EST 2007 mips
unknown

If I can provide additional information for you I'd be happy to help.

Thanks,
Jon