Inter processor synchronization

To: <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Inter processor synchronization
From: "Nilanjan Roychowdhury" <Nilanjan.Roychowdhury@gnss.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 09:07:20 +0530
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org

Hi,

I have a scenario where two images of the same Linux kernel are running on two MIPS cores. One is 24K and another is 4KEC. What is the best way to achieve inter processor synchronization between them?

I guess the locks for LL/SC are local to a particular core and can not be extended across a multi core system.

Will it be easier for me if both of them becomes same core ( like both 24k) and I run the SMP version of Linux.

Please throw some light.

Thanks,

Nilanjan