Re: SGI IP28 support

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: SGI IP28 support
From: tsbogend@alpha.franken.de (Thomas Bogendoerfer)
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 00:01:27 +0100
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Mon, Nov 26, 2007 at 11:38:14PM +0100, Thomas Bogendoerfer wrote:
> [..]

There is one thing I forgot: You need a special gcc, which will generate
cache barriers to avoid speculative stores done by the R10k. Peter
had some patches submitted to the gcc maintainers, which I used to
build my own gcc 4.2.1 cross compiler. Does anybody know, if Peter's
paches are already intergrated in newer gcc versions ?

Thomas.

--
Crap can work. Given enough thrust pigs will fly, but it's not necessary a
good idea.                                                [ RFC1925, 2.3 ]