Re: ohci-ssb driver on a Broadcom BCM5354

To: Michael Buesch <mb@bu3sch.de>
Subject: Re: ohci-ssb driver on a Broadcom BCM5354
From: Steve Brown <sbrown@cortland.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 06:05:33 -0500
Cc: "John W. Linville" <linville@tuxdriver.com>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Michael Buesch wrote:
On Sunday 18 November 2007 23:47:52 John W. Linville wrote:
You probably want to make Michael Buesch aware of this issue.

I'm not sure anyone really tested this beyond some insmod tests.
I did not test this, as I don't have such a device.
So if you have any patches to fix this, please send them. I'm
certainly the wrong person who can fix this. ;)

Adding the following at the end of ssb_ohci_attach seems to fix the problem.

if (ssb_dma_set_mask(dev, DMA_32BIT_MASK))
  return -EOPNOTSUPP;

I guessed at the dma mask. Would the code in the b43 driver that selects a dma mask be appropriate here?

Steve