Re: 2.6.24-rc1 does not boot on SGI

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: 2.6.24-rc1 does not boot on SGI
From: Giuseppe Sacco <giuseppe@eppesuigoccas.homedns.org>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2007 14:15:51 +0100
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi Ralf,

Il giorno lun, 29/10/2007 alle 15.06 +0000, Ralf Baechle ha scritto:
> On Sun, Oct 28, 2007 at 08:17:11PM +0100, Giuseppe Sacco wrote:
>
> > Nothing changed using this patch: the system does not boot. Currently I
> > suspect the reason is the change the IRQ handling because it is the main
> > change in arch/mips/sg-ip32.
>
> All the patch was meant to is to renumber interrupts so interrupts 0 ... 7
> become available for use with cpu_irq.c.  Irq 7 is the cp0 compare interrupt
> which on IP32 is used as the clockevent device that is the source of
> timer interrupts.

The latest git update, gave a bootable 2.6.24-rc1 but now, while
booting, the system start looping and calling function print_irq_desc()
from kernel/irq/internals.h. I can only read "...count:...unhandled:..."
since the text scroll too quickly, but I will try to connect a serial
console in order to send here the complete message.

Bye,
Giuseppe