Get stuck in wake_up_process(rq->migration_thread);

To: <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Get stuck in wake_up_process(rq->migration_thread);
From: <KokHow.Teh@infineon.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 19:26:12 +0800
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi;
        I have a linux-2.6.20 kernel configured with CONFIG_MIPS_MT_SMP
(SMVPE) running on a MIPS34KC processor emulation platform. Everything
goes fine until the scheduler gets stuck in trying to wake up the
migration thread. I configured the kernel with max_cache_size=2097152,
having no idea of what the variable is all about. Putting debug messages
in kernel/sched.c tells me that the the migration_thread() routine has
gone to sleep calling schedul() function and set_cpus_allowed() function
gets stuck in wake_up_process(rq->migration_thread);
        Any insight is appreciated.

Regards.
KH