Re: implementation of software suspend on MIPS. (system log)

To: "Andrew Dyer" <adyer@righthandtech.com>
Subject: Re: implementation of software suspend on MIPS. (system log)
From: "Hyon Lim" <alex@alexlab.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 10:46:01 +0900
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Yes. you're right. I did same as you said.
However, is there any options for disassembly with variable name?
Often I cannot find that variable's allocated register.
There is only r0,r1... but I want a comment for variable assignment status.

On 11/1/07, Andrew Dyer <adyer@righthandtech.com> wrote:
> The code of resume process should be implemented on arch/xxx/power/swsusp.S
> So it should be implemented by assembly.
> That's the problem...
> I've no idea about complex assembly programming. :-)
> Could you recommend any pdf or website?

Whenever I have to do something moderately complex in assy. language, I often find it helpful to code the thing in C and run it through the compiler and look at the generated assy. language.  Oftentimes you can modify the output of the compiler without too much trouble.

--
Hyon Lim (임현)
Mobile. 010-8212-1240 (Intl' Call : +82-10-8212-1240)