Re: implementation of software suspend on MIPS. (system log)

To: "Andrew Dyer" <>
Subject: Re: implementation of software suspend on MIPS. (system log)
From: "Hyon Lim" <>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 10:46:01 +0900
Yes. you're right. I did same as you said.
However, is there any options for disassembly with variable name?
Often I cannot find that variable's allocated register.
There is only r0,r1... but I want a comment for variable assignment status.
On 11/1/07, Andrew Dyer <> wrote:
> The code of resume process should be implemented on arch/xxx/power/swsusp.S
> So it should be implemented by assembly.
> That's the problem...
> I've no idea about complex assembly programming. :-)
> Could you recommend any pdf or website?

Whenever I have to do something moderately complex in assy. language, I often find it helpful to code the thing in C and run it through the compiler and look at the generated assy. language.  Oftentimes you can modify the output of the compiler without too much trouble.

Hyon Lim (임현)
Mobile. 010-8212-1240 (Intl' Call : +82-10-8212-1240)
Fax. 032-232-0578 (Intl' Available)
Homepage :
Blog :