Re: Gcc 4.2.2 broken for kernel builds

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Re: Gcc 4.2.2 broken for kernel builds
From: Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 20:45:29 +0200
Cc: David Daney <ddaney@avtrex.com>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
* Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org> [2007-10-12 18:53]:
> > >  CC      drivers/mtd/mtd_blkdevs.o
> > >mipsel-linux-ld: drivers/mtd/.tmp_mtd_blkdevs.o: Can't find matching LO16
> > >reloc against `$LC6' for R_MIPS_HI16 at 0x9e0 in section `.text'
>
> If I had the time I'd have done that.  Short of that posting a warning is
> what I can do.

I cannot reproduce this (using gcc 4.2.2 and linux 2.6.22 with a
Cobalt config).  Can you append V=1 to make, run the gcc command by
hand and append --save-temps.  If you send me the .i file I'll make
sure all information is added to the bug report David opened.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/