Re: linux cache routines for Write-back cache policy on MIPS24KE

To: Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org>
Subject: Re: linux cache routines for Write-back cache policy on MIPS24KE
From: veerasena reddy <veerasena_b@yahoo.co.in>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 11:51:21 +0100 (BST)
Cc: linux-mips <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>, "linux-kernel.org" <linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi Geert,

Thanks for your repsonse.

In linux-2.6.18 (for MIPS24KE processor):
suppose if i want to do flush only then which API i
should use?
Similarly, if i want to do invalidation only which API
i should use?

Thanks again.

Regards,
Veerasena.
--- Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@linux-m68k.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 1 Oct 2007, veerasena reddy wrote:
> > I have ported Linux-2.6.18 kernel on MIPS24KE
> > processor. I am using write back cache policy.
> >
> > Could you please guide me under what cases the
> below
> > cache API's are being used:
> > - dma_cache_wback_inv() : Could you explain  what
> > exactly this function does
>
> It does both write back and invalidate.
>
> > - dma_cache_wback() : This function write back the
> > cache data to memory
> > - dma_cache_inv  : This function invalidate the
> cache
> > tags. so subsequent access will fetch from memory.
>
> Note that 2.6.18 is old. The above functions are
> intended to be removed.
>
> Gr{oetje,eeting}s,
>
>                                               Geert
>
> --
> Geert Uytterhoeven -- There's lots of Linux beyond
> ia32 -- geert@linux-m68k.org
>
> In personal conversations with technical people, I
> call myself a hacker. But
> when I'm talking to journalists I just say
> "programmer" or something like that.
>                                                           -- Linus Torvalds

      Get the freedom to save as many mails as you wish. To know how, go to
http://help.yahoo.com/l/in/yahoo/mail/yahoomail/tools/tools-08.html