Re: mapping a userspace thread to a kernelspace thread

To: "Kevin D. Kissell" <kevink@mips.com>
Subject: Re: mapping a userspace thread to a kernelspace thread
From: "Suprasad Mutalik Desai" <suprasad.desai@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 12:36:01 +0530
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=GxPE3qHyhZ65PiHNdoFqYotw2SXY9oHkSwPO/Hy8NOg=; b=Tc7o8QrqiGNZ+s4ZZtSsbV6/1IkHsIOxRfDHeg9hcgyw8IU3dL9/G1xWa//NiVgQtBm4od3ufRzuOF0fva/sBfjoSnpklpFu9Z1+WAyr84/onV0Pf10utdAE+s7KHdUCTPX9BVhA3n1QZLNMOa1nggttntuuh6OY6YENNYpSHlM=
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi Kevin ,

            Thanks for the info .Now if i want to manage the
thread->CPU binding explicity in an SMTC environment where we see TC
(thread context) as a CPU . Then How can i make a kernel thread which
is inturn created in response to the pthread_create , monopolize a CPU
(TC) such that whenever i run a userspace program it should run on
that particular TC (CPU) . Can i use the same
sys_sched_setaffinity() system call  ? .

Thanks and Regards,
Suprasad.