Re: CONFIG_BUILD_ELF64 broken on IP32 since 2.6.20

To: vagabon.xyz@gmail.com
Subject: Re: CONFIG_BUILD_ELF64 broken on IP32 since 2.6.20
From: Atsushi Nemoto <anemo@mba.ocn.ne.jp>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 23:42:46 +0900 (JST)
Cc: tbm@cyrius.com, linux-mips@linux-mips.org, fbuihuu@gmail.com
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 11:14:47 +0200, Franck Bui-Huu <vagabon.xyz@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Ah but as I suggested I think we should get rid of
> KBUILD_64BIT_SYM32 in the code. This patchset won't work if the kernel
> symbols are modified latter through objcopy or whatever...
>
> What do you think ?

Well, KBUILD_64BIT_SYM32 in stackframe.h is in critical path.

And for KBUILD_64BIT_SYM32 in pgtable-64, I'm not sure non-sym32
module can work on CKSSEG.  It might work but it seems XKSEG is more
natural for non-sym32 module.

So now I'm happy with your patchset as is in linux-queue tree ;)

---
Atsushi Nemoto