Re: CONFIG_BUILD_ELF64 broken on IP32 since 2.6.20

To: "Martin Michlmayr" <tbm@cyrius.com>
Subject: Re: CONFIG_BUILD_ELF64 broken on IP32 since 2.6.20
From: sknauert@wesleyan.edu
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 14:56:46 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: sknauert@wesleyan.edu, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
> * sknauert@wesleyan.edu <sknauert@wesleyan.edu> [2007-09-25 11:32]:
>> > One, make sure you're doing "make vmlinux.32", and two,
>> CONFIG_BUILD_ELF64
>
> I should say that I'm indeed using "make vmlinux.32".  Anyway, I see
> no reason why this would break, especially given that it used to work.
> And if it really isn't supported anymore, make it impossible to chose
> CONFIG_BUILD_ELF64 on IP32.
> --
> Martin Michlmayr
> http://www.cyrius.com/

Sorry, you're misinterpreting what I said. The indented text was the
advice given to me by Kumba (I highlighted the part of the linked thread)
of why a 64-bit kernel won't work. Or at least I think that's what he was
saying. Since you asked when 64-bit on IP32 was killed, and what patches
did it, I thought this information might help.