IP32: serial console broken with current git

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Subject: IP32: serial console broken with current git
From: Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 20:24:54 +0200
Cc: Ricardo Mendoza <mendoza.ricardo@gmail.com>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
With current git (and 2.6.23-rc1), nothing shows up on the serial
console on IP32.  Ricardo Mendoza commented on this on IRC:

> I think it was that using iobase member in the plat_serial8250_port
> struct was not working, swapping to membase gave console messages
> but kind of stopped printing messages at some point (further in than
> first line of C tho)

He also sent me a patch to test.  With this patch, I get serial
console output - but only until:

| Serial: 8250/16550 driver $Revision: 1.90 $ 4 ports, IRQ sharing disabled
| serial8250.0: ttyS0 at MMIO 0x0 (irq = 53) is a 16550A
| console [ttyS0] enabled

Maybe Ricardo can post his patch for comments and someone can look
into the second issue.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/