CONFIG_BUILD_ELF64 broken on IP32 since 2.6.20

Subject: CONFIG_BUILD_ELF64 broken on IP32 since 2.6.20
From: Martin Michlmayr <>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 20:13:53 +0200
Cc: Franck Bui-Huu <>, Atsushi Nemoto <>
IP32 kernels that are built with CONFIG_BUILD_ELF64=y only produce an
exception when booted.  This worked with 2.6.19 and before.  I haven't
had a chance to dig deep yet but it seems both Franck Bui-Huu and
Atsushi Nemoto had patches in 2.6.20 that might have caused this.
This still happens with 2.6.22.  I cannot boot current git for other

If anyone has an idea which specific patch might have caused this,
please let me know.  Otherwise I'll try to find time in the next few
days to revert various patches.
Martin Michlmayr