Re: MIPS atomic memory operations (A.K.A PR 33479).

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Re: MIPS atomic memory operations (A.K.A PR 33479).
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@linux-mips.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 18:07:56 +0100 (BST)
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Wed, 19 Sep 2007, Ralf Baechle wrote:

> Please make this loop closure branch a branch-likely.  This is necessary
> as a errata workaround for some processors.

 Do we emulate them for MIPS I?  We do emulate "ll" and "sc" and adding
"sync" is easy (as a no-op as support for R3000 SMP is unlikely to ever
happen).  Adding branches-likely, hmm...  Even though we do have logic to
do that as a part of the FP emulator.

 A workaround for a CPU erratum fits within the "-mfix-*" option family
quite well though.

  Maciej