Re: IP22 64bit kernel

To: Thomas Bogendoerfer <tsbogend@alpha.franken.de>
Subject: Re: IP22 64bit kernel
From: Kumba <kumba@gentoo.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 03:05:24 -0400
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Thomas Bogendoerfer wrote:

Enabling this for (CONFIG_SGI_IP22 && CONFIG_64BIT) fixes the boot problem.
It's not big deal to add this, but I'm wondering why we not just always
use this macro ? What platforms do it break with it ?

Hmm, curious, the CONFIG_ARC64 macro? Indys and O2s use 32bit versions of the ARCS Prom, whereas Octane, Origin, and IP28 systems (and others) use 64bit. I suspect CONFIG_ARC64 is geared for these, but if it works on Indy's too, that's curious.

--Kumba

--
Gentoo/MIPS Team Lead

"Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond