Qemu and Linux 2.4

Subject: Qemu and Linux 2.4
From: Vlad Lungu <>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 15:31:31 +0300
I know some of you will laugh, but:

- QEMU malta emulation is not really complete, to put it mildly
- the QEMU target is available only for Linux 2.6
- despite popular opinion, 2.4 ain't dead yet, at least in the embedded market

I have a port of the QEMU target for Linux (latest 2.4 kernel on, with NE2000 card working (in both BE and LE modes).
Still rough at the edges, but it works on stock qemu-0.9.0 with -M mips.

If anyone is interested, I can send the patch by e-mail. I have no idea if I can post attachments to the list(s), that's why it's not attached.