Re: [MIPS] SMTC: Fix crash on bootup with idebus= command line argument.

To: macro@linux-mips.org
Subject: Re: [MIPS] SMTC: Fix crash on bootup with idebus= command line argument.
From: Atsushi Nemoto <anemo@mba.ocn.ne.jp>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 00:18:19 +0900 (JST)
Cc: ralf@linux-mips.org, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 14:27:54 +0100 (BST), "Maciej W. Rozycki"
<macro@linux-mips.org> wrote:
> >  include/asm-mips/mach-generic/ide.h |   76
> > ++++++++++++-----------------------
>
>  This change breaks the SWARM -- depending on the setting of
> CONFIG_IDE_GENERIC, either a bus error happens because of blind probing or
> the onboard IDE interface gets designated as "ide2".  I cannot really see
> a dependency between "idebus=" (which merely sets a variable somewhere in
> drivers/ide/ide.c) and code affected by this change -- what's the reason
> behind it?

http://www.linux-mips.org/archives/linux-mips/2007-09/msg00016.html
would be the answer :)

And how about this patch?  Does this fix the problem on SWARM?
http://www.linux-mips.org/archives/linux-mips/2007-09/msg00036.html

---
Atsushi Nemoto