Average number of instructions per line of kernel code

To: linux-mips@linux-mips.org, linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Average number of instructions per line of kernel code
From: "Mohamed Bamakhrama" <bamakhrama@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 15:00:29 +0200
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi all,
I have a question regarding the average number of assembly
instructions per line of kernel code. I know that this is a difficult
question since it depends on many factors such as the instruction set
architecture, compiler used, optimizations used, type of code, coding
style, etc...
I would like to know a rough estimate for such a quantity for the
kernel 2.4/2.6 code running on MIPS32 architecture.
My estimate is between 5-10 instructions. I googled for such a thing
but couldn't find any useful papers/resources.

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards

--
Mohamed A. Bamakhrama