Re: Kernel 2.6.23-rc3 build error

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Re: Kernel 2.6.23-rc3 build error
From: Fuxin Zhang <fxzhang@ict.ac.cn>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 21:25:27 +0800
Cc: Sunil Amitkumar Janki <devel.sjanki@gmail.com>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Ralf Baechle 写道:

I've just pushed a fix for the __cmpdi2 problem.  It's a generic MIPS issue
and I didn't invest the time into figuring out what circumstances exactly
are required to trigger it.

The references to request_dma and free_dma are a separate Fulong-specific
issue.  They are the result of platform neither defining GENERIC_ISA_DMA
nor GENERIC_ISA_DMA_SUPPORT_BROKEN.  I'm not sure if the Fulong contains
ISA-ish peripherals in its south bridge which are actually being used.
Maybe else knows?
We don't have any ISA usage so I think it is safe to define GENERIC_ISA_DMA or the other one.