Re: Kernel 2.6.23-rc3 build error

To: Sunil Amitkumar Janki <devel.sjanki@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Kernel 2.6.23-rc3 build error
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 14:07:21 +0100
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Fri, Aug 24, 2007 at 01:34:21PM +0200, Sunil Amitkumar Janki wrote:

> >The __cmpdi2 one is the interesting one.  Which version of gcc are you
> >using?  And if you still have it, could you send me your .config file?

I've just pushed a fix for the __cmpdi2 problem.  It's a generic MIPS issue
and I didn't invest the time into figuring out what circumstances exactly
are required to trigger it.

The references to request_dma and free_dma are a separate Fulong-specific
issue.  They are the result of platform neither defining GENERIC_ISA_DMA
nor GENERIC_ISA_DMA_SUPPORT_BROKEN.  I'm not sure if the Fulong contains
ISA-ish peripherals in its south bridge which are actually being used.
Maybe else knows?