Re: Sync SiByte system code to the new DUART driver

To: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <>, "Ralf Baechle" <>
Subject: Re: Sync SiByte system code to the new DUART driver
From: "Imre Kaloz" <>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 13:38:06 +0200
Cc: "" <>
On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 13:26:22 +0200, Maciej W. Rozycki <> wrote:

 Most of that stuff does not work anymore anyway and now you risk link
errors. ;-)  I do not think there is place for driver-related #ifdefs
under arch/ anyway, the answer being platform devices. Though chances are
nobody might be bothered to ever implement them here.

 Also the #ifdefs in arch/mips/sibyte/cfe/console.c do not make sense to

True, but as I've said Ralf on IRC, I was fixing a bug rather then doing an overhaul. My TODO list for today is too long to save the world, but maybe I'll have time for that tomorrow ;) I think the whole sibyte target should be cleaned up and changed to support runtime board detection like we do it on bcm47xx/53xx and ar231x/5312 in OpenWrt.