Re: [SPAM] Linux 2.6.12 cannot run on 24K. Please give me some clues.

To: Markus Gothe <markus.gothe@27m.se>
Subject: Re: [SPAM] Linux 2.6.12 cannot run on 24K. Please give me some clues.
From: "Maciej W. Rozycki" <macro@linux-mips.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 11:57:23 +0100 (BST)
Cc: colin <colin@realtek.com.tw>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Thu, 26 Jul 2007, Markus Gothe wrote:

> Seems to me that running in EXkLusive/supervisor mode is the culprit. Try
> changing that before you get to userspace...

 Oopses always have either ERL or EXL set with an R4k-style cp0 status
register as this is how these bits are handled by hardware when an
exception happens.

 Now ffffff88 is obviously a wrong address, which looks like a negative
offset from a null pointer, but it is up to the reporter to narrow it down
well enough someone else can say anything about it.  Though as I say, I
doubt anybody on this list cares of a piece of software that is two years
old.

  Maciej