Re: PMC Big Sur platform

To: Andrew Sharp <andy.sharp@onstor.com>
Subject: Re: PMC Big Sur platform
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 17:53:29 +0100
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Fri, Jul 20, 2007 at 11:30:48AM -0700, Andrew Sharp wrote:

> > Does anybody still care about this platform?
>
> I thought BigSur was a Sibyte platform?  I do care about that one.

Big Sur has been rather popular name for things:

 o an early dual-processor Itanium system from Intel
 o a PMC-Sierra FPGA-based platform.  It was deleted a while ago except the
   network driver for it.  This is what my question was about.
 o Broadcom's BCM1480-based Big Sur
 o A wireless chipset

I blame so much of the industry being located in California for it :)