Re: O2 RM7000 Issues

To: Andrew Sharp <>
Subject: Re: O2 RM7000 Issues
From: Kumba <>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 10:01:24 -0400
Andrew Sharp wrote:

I hungrily await said patch, as I believe this is a problem on RM9000
processors as well.  I'm seeing "random" SIGILLs on user processes,
particularly large complicated shell scripts like configure on an RM9k

This was more or less exactly what I was seeing on an O2 RM7000 setup until the fix for errata #28 was put in (which should already be enabled for RM9000 systems).

Check include/asm-mips/war.h and make sure your machine is included in the list that define ICACHE_REFILLS_WORKAROUND_WAR. If not, add it and test; and fire off a patch. Should fix that issue (especially if bash is the only userland process dying while complex g++ compiles behave fine)

Gentoo/MIPS Team Lead

"Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond