Re: [alsa-devel] [RFC] SGI O2 MACE audio ALSA module

To: "Takashi Iwai" <tiwai@suse.de>
Subject: Re: [alsa-devel] [RFC] SGI O2 MACE audio ALSA module
From: sknauert@wesleyan.edu
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 01:50:12 -0600 (MDT)
Cc: "TJ" <tj.trevelyan@gmail.com>, "Linux MIPS List" <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>, "ALSA Dev List" <alsa-devel@alsa-project.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Okay, I got the module compiled and it and ALSA installed.

I noticed the timing bug, I doubt its a frequency issue as the ALSA guides
to downsample (i.e. if it were doing 48kHz instead of 44.1kHz) didn't
help.

You mentioned on some players it would sound okay? I tried everything from
aplay to xmms and always seemed to play too fast. What CPU are you running
this on, by the way? Aplay does give underruns if I'm heavily
multitasking, though sound output seems the same.