Re: Au1550 OSS sound driver

To: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Subject: Re: Au1550 OSS sound driver
From: Attila Kinali <attila@kinali.ch>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2007 16:56:33 +0200
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hoi Ralf,

On Fri, 6 Jul 2007 15:40:43 +0100
Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org> wrote:

> Does anybody have convincing arguments why I should *NOT* delete this
> driver?  It's sitting since ages in the lmo repositories, as an OSS
> driver isn't in the shape to be merged upstream, so doesn't receive
> testing by the autobuilders, I don't think I've seen any testers.

I tried to get it working a week or two ago. Yes, that code is rotten
and needs some handwork to even get it compiling. I couldn't get
it working after 3 days after which i have been interrupted by more
important work.

> Volunters to rewrite this for ALSA?

Manuel Lauss did some work using the ALSA ASoC system.
See 20070625131814.GA27621@roarinelk.homelinux.net
(subject: Re: au1550 ac97 driver) from a few days ago
on this ml.

                                Attila Kinali

                         -- Deed of Morred