Re: dead(?) MIPS config stuff

To: "Kevin D. Kissell" <kevink@mips.com>
Subject: Re: dead(?) MIPS config stuff
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 17:36:59 +0100
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Thu, Jul 05, 2007 at 06:23:45PM +0200, Kevin D. Kissell wrote:

> It's cruft, but it's cruft that does have some utility when porting SMTC to a
> new
> platform, as it helps identify interrupt management bugs.  It needs to be
> eliminated
> or replaced with a revision of the interface between architecture and
> platform
> support for SMTC, toward which I've made some small progress recently,
> but I'd prefer not to see it disappear before reinforcements arrive.

All this email was about were kernel configuration options that can't be
enabled for some reason.  Of course these automated checkers such as
Robert's make the assumption that the CONFIG_* preprocessor namespace
is rserved for the Kconfig system.  In this particular case the reason
is quite simple:

> arch/mips/kernel/process.c:54:#ifdef CONFIG_SMTC_IDLE_HOOK_DEBUG
> arch/mips/Kconfig.debug:40:config CONFIG_SMTC_IDLE_HOOK_DEBUG

The kconfig system itself does prefix names with CONFIG_ so kconfig
ends up defining CONFIG_CONFIG_SMTC_IDLE_HOOK_DEBUG (are we stuttuttering?)
So this one is fixed trivially.