Re: Mailing patches

To: Tian <tiansm@lemote.com>
Subject: Re: Mailing patches
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 17:58:52 +0100
Cc: Kumba <kumba@gentoo.org>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 01:09:32PM +0800, Tian wrote:

> sorry for the mess,when git-format-patch , wo forgot the -n para
> and i would like to know what command para is recommended for sending
> patch on maillist?
>
> git-send-email --no-chain-reply-to --compose --from tiansm@lemote.com
> --no-signed-off-by-cc --smtp-server <server> --subject "Lemote Loongson
> 2E patch update" --suppress-from --to linux-mips@linux-mips.org 00*
>
> --no-chain-reply-to or --chain-reply-to ?
>
> and.....should i resend the patches?

No, that's fine.

I don't like --no-chain-reply-to for no better reason than that looking
a bit odd in some threded mail readers.  But that's just a matter of
preference not a technical need.

The ordering of patches is guaranteed even without chain reply mode
because git-send-email will ensure the dates of each email is different
from the previous one.