Re: Mailing patches

To: Kumba <kumba@gentoo.org>
Subject: Re: Mailing patches
From: Ralf Baechle <ralf@linux-mips.org>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 16:23:38 +0100
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 11:40:02PM -0400, Kumba wrote:

> What about just attaching the patches to a message?  Seems like it'll avoid
> most of the problems Tbird has with them.  I'm just not sure if that
> hampers importing them into git or not.

There are issues if people have the log message in the attachment as
well.  And of course there is still the prime reason why attachments
are a no-no - most mailers won't quote them so commenting on them is
hard when discussing things.

Git has some limited abilities to handle MIME messages since quite a
while though.  But quilt which is the heart of how I manage the queue
tree doesn't.