Re: porting linux to DBau1200

To: saravanan sar <sar_van81@yahoo.co.in>
Subject: Re: porting linux to DBau1200
From: Freddy Spierenburg <freddy@dusktilldawn.nl>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 20:44:51 +0200
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi Sar,

On Sat, Jun 02, 2007 at 07:49:01AM +0100, saravanan sar wrote:
> has anyone successfully ported linux to DBau1200 board?

I am successfully running it on the DBAu1100 board, so I am most
sure it works on the 1200 board too. No worries on that part.

> YAMON> go
[cut]
> Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on
> unknown-block(1,0).

You might want to try an NFS mount first, before loading a root
filesystem on the Flash memory that's part of the board.

Setup a root filesystem on a workstation and export it by means
of NFS. You might want to take a look at debootstrap (Debian
GNU/Linux), but there do exist an almost infite amount of other
ways to do just that. Probably an obvious note, but I like to
make it anyway: make sure you use mipsel binaries!!

Next you start from YAMON in a way like this:

        go . ip=10.42.69.2 nfsroot=10.42.69.1:/opt/debianfs/ rw

Of course you can use any IP address you like and the
'/opt/debianfs/' is only a suggestion to where the just created
root filesystem resides on your workstation.

Good luck!

--
$ cat ~/.signature
Freddy Spierenburg <freddy@dusktilldawn.nl>  http://freddy.snarl.nl/