Re: SGI O2 meth: missing sysfs device symlink

Subject: Re: SGI O2 meth: missing sysfs device symlink
From: Ralf Baechle <>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 13:28:08 +0100
Cc: Giuseppe Sacco <>,
On Tue, May 22, 2007 at 08:01:53AM -0400, wrote:

> I've noticed that besides kernel complied from the Debian 2.6.18, I can't
> get any other kernel (vanilla from or the separate linux-MIPS
> repository) to boot on my O2.
> If you need beta testers, I can try, but it will take a day or so
> (compiling on the O2 is slow).

Sounds almost like you're building an excessibly large kernel configuration.
A realistic kernel config will crosscompile within a few minutes on a
modest machine such as a 3GHz / 1GB P4-class PC.

But to lessen the pains of your aching CPU, here's a binary tarball:

> Finally, I've been working on the PCI Legacy IO issue (progress is sadly
> slow - don't have a fully compiling patchset yet), would this patch be
> relevant since its also an O2 sysfs issue?

The two issues are entirely unrelated.