Re: R1000 status

To: post@pfrst.de
Subject: Re: R1000 status
From: Kumba <kumba@gentoo.org>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2007 15:01:33 -0400
Cc: Giuseppe Sacco <giuseppe@eppesuigoccas.homedns.org>, linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
peter fuerst wrote:

Hello,

yes, the GCC-patches should do the trick. And without a significant
performance decrease, as i was told in the latest success-report (see
http://sgi.sedlacek.biz/).

kind regards

Interesting, I'm curious to see this guy's patches to see what he does different for the IP32 R10K stuff. Whether it's the same thing I did (mod IP28 patches and build w/ gcc cache barriers on load and store ops), or if he went an extra step and added code to protect the scsi and networking drivers.

--Kumba

--
Gentoo/MIPS Team Lead

"Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond