AW: Building a cross kernel for the IP27/Origin System

To: "Jim Wilson" <wilson@specifix.com>
Subject: AW: Building a cross kernel for the IP27/Origin System
From: "Claus Herrmann" <che@cybits.de>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 09:19:14 +0200
Cc: <linux-mips@linux-mips.org>
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
Hi Jim,

thanks for your response. To be honest, the Dwarf Error I ignored. I did
nothing special in the configuration. I just selected the IP27 as Machine and
off I went.
And there the first Problems occured. When oyu select the IP27 many options in
the ConfigMenu have tob e taken by hand (is this normal?). The Pci Module is
not selected (brings linker errors of course (cant find PCI_Probe..), the
option for Multi CPU is not selected (same linkererror with "cant find CPU_IRQ
or something like this).

I am at the point that I found every packet which the compilation needs and
what he doesnt need. But the "multiple definitions"-Error I am at my end. For
what it looks to me, it looks like there is a wrong architecture configurations
file in the archive. First of all it doesnt make sense, when you select the
arcitecture IP27, all required modules (Pci, MultiCpu...) have to be selected
by hand. What it seems to me, the automated build scripts seem to compile the
general "arch/mips" and the specific "arch/mips/ip27" thus creating the error.

Brgds

Claus