Re: Segmentation Fault from MP3-Player with Etch on Qube2

To: guido.zeiger@mailprocessor.de
Subject: Re: Segmentation Fault from MP3-Player with Etch on Qube2
From: Atsushi Nemoto <anemo@mba.ocn.ne.jp>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 01:13:48 +0900 (JST)
Cc: linux-mips@linux-mips.org
Sender: linux-mips-bounce@linux-mips.org
On Mon, 7 May 2007 19:37:40 +0200, Guido Zeiger <guido.zeiger@mailprocessor.de>
wrote:
> after reinstalling debian, (now etch , therefore sid) on my Qube2,
> because of changing to a 2.5" HD (from 3.5") and installing the
> current debian version I got a Segmentation Fault on every usage of a
> program which should produce sound  :-((
>
> The programs are
>
> > mpg123
> > mpg321
> > mp3blaster
>
> The programs did work with this qube2, soundcard and mp3-file under
> debian sid,
> but now with etch it didnt work anymore.

There are know problems with PCI soundcard on noncoherent MIPS
platform (including cobalt) and some patches are floating around.  For
example:
http://www.linux-mips.org/archives/linux-mips/2007-04/msg00072.html

This is a long standing issue and I wonder why your soundcard _did_
work with debian sid.  The kernel of sid contains fixes for this
issue?

---
Atsushi Nemoto